Re: now() with microsecond granulity needed - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Daniel Wickstrom
Subject Re: now() with microsecond granulity needed
Date
List pgsql-sql
   Radoslaw> *** Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> [Tuesday,   Radoslaw> 20.February.2001, 11:57 -0500]:   >> > using now()
toinit TIMESTAMP fields I got resolution of one   >> second. How > can I define DEFAULT in column (TIMESTAMP type)   >>
toget higher > time-resolution (TIMESTAMP supports   >> microseconds).   >>    >> You could make a variant of now()
thatrelies on gettimeofday()   >> instead of time().  Note that you probably won't get   >> microsecond precision in
anycase...

   Radoslaw> Do You mean changing sources and recompiling?  So there   Radoslaw> is no way of getting more accurate NOW
timedirectly in   Radoslaw> SQL ?  /DEFAULT clause/ at this moment?

the timeofday function seems to work:

acspg=# select timeofday();             timeofday
-------------------------------------Wed Feb 21 15:56:43.150389 2001 EST
(1 row)

acspg=#