Re: is PG able to handle a >500 GB Database? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Florent Guillaume
Subject Re: is PG able to handle a >500 GB Database?
Date
List pgsql-general
> > select recordid from t1 where oid = $lastoid;
> > Because the last select could return several lines.
>
> Shouldn't! oids are unique over the whole database server (I'm right on
> this?) So you should have only one or non.

Well, no, that's the point of this whole discussion. If you give it
enough time, oids can wrap around, which apparently doesn't affect the
functionning of the database but application that depend on unique oids
could get hosed.

Yes, the documentation is wrong.

Florent