Re: is PG able to handle a >500 GB Database? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin A. Marques
Subject Re: is PG able to handle a >500 GB Database?
Date
List pgsql-general
El Lun 22 Ene 2001 17:56, Florent Guillaume escribió:
> > > select recordid from t1 where oid = $lastoid;
> > > Because the last select could return several lines.
> >
> > Shouldn't! oids are unique over the whole database server (I'm right on
> > this?) So you should have only one or non.
>
> Well, no, that's the point of this whole discussion. If you give it
> enough time, oids can wrap around, which apparently doesn't affect the
> functionning of the database but application that depend on unique oids
> could get hosed.
>
> Yes, the documentation is wrong.

Wow. I guess we need to hear what the developers have to say. AFAITIK oids
were unique. This paints a new panorama for me. :-( (not a very good one).

Saludos... :-)

--
System Administration: It's a dirty job,
but someone told I had to do it.