Silencing 'NOTICE' messages for PRIMARY KEY - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rajit Singh
Subject Silencing 'NOTICE' messages for PRIMARY KEY
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I just have a small question.  I discovered the psql -q option, which is great... but I wanna get rid of *all* output
thatisn't something I need to look at after the 1000th time I've run a particular echo 'blah' | psql.

With the PRIMARY KEY options in some of my schemas, when I use pg_dump <blah> | psql -q, I get:

    NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index 'blah_pkey' for table 'blah'

I've looked through pg_dump to try and find an option to get it to explicitly create indexes, and I've looked through
'psql'to try and find an option not to display messages like this.  I can't find it.

I'm considering using the option to get psql to exit on error, and to redirect *all* output to /dev/null or something.
ButI'd like it if I could utilise psql's own error reporting without having to look through hundreds of defunct NOTICE
statements.

All help appreciated,

Rajit