Re: Re: starting PGSQL automatically on Redhat 6.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Castle
Subject Re: Re: starting PGSQL automatically on Redhat 6.2
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 12:17:23PM -0000, Ryan Mahoney wrote:
> I'm actaully trying to get 7.1b to start automatically, still no success,
> but I'm making progres.
>
> Trying to modify the pg_ctl that comes with 7.1 to add the su - postgres -c

I added the following to the postgres account's .profile:

export PGDATA=${HOME}/data

I then had to use the following in my startup script:

                su - postgres -- --login -c "pg_ctl -o -S start"

                su - postgres -- --login -c "pg_ctl stop"

The reason for the --login is that the bash/gnu-su combination is broken (IMO)
wrt to sourcing .profile when ran from su.

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  dalgoda@ix.netcom.com  and be right all the time, or not work at all