Re: converting .xls to delimited file - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: converting .xls to delimited file
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 12:13:34AM +0200,
  Martin Lillepuu <martin.lillepuu@mail.ee> wrote:
> William Staniewicz wrote:
> >
> > Is there any way to convert an Excel file (".xls")
> > to a delimited file? Maybe using sed?
>
> search for xls2csv on freshmeat. it works for simpler excel files but
> tends to segfault with complicated ones (with macros, etc) :(
>
> if anyone currently knows some better tool for the task, i'm all ears.

I currently get data for my database backed web pages from some other
people that keep it in excel files. What I am using to get at the data
is xlHtml-0.2.7.2.

I have tweaked it a bit. I have problems with dates showing up as numbers
and need to check for what are effectively Julian days for dates as well
as the more normal formats.