Re: exit status 26 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dan Moschuk
Subject Re: exit status 26
Date
List pgsql-general
| > So it is getting a virtual timer from somewhere.  A grep of the backend
| > directory revealed no setitimer() occurances, so I can confirm that it
| > isn't postmaster doing it.  And if the shells environment is unlimited,
| > which doesn't leave very many culprits left. :/
|
| Yes.  It would be good to question my assumption that the exit code
| is a signal --- I can't see what else it could be, but can you run
| the backend with a breakpoint set at exit(), and get a backtrace?

Unfortunately, after upgrading the machine to 4.2-RELEASE, I cannot reproduce
this problem any longer. :/

If anyone has a 4.1-RELEASE machine kicking around, I'd love to be able
to try and track this down further.

-Dan
--
Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when he is called
upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason.