FreeBSDers paying attention? (was Re: exit status 26) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject FreeBSDers paying attention? (was Re: exit status 26)
Date
Re: FreeBSDers paying attention? (was Re: exit status 26)  (Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>)
List pgsql-general
Dan Moschuk <dan@freebsd.org> writes:
> | > So it is getting a virtual timer from somewhere.  A grep of the backend
> | > directory revealed no setitimer() occurances, so I can confirm that it
> | > isn't postmaster doing it.  And if the shells environment is unlimited,
> | > which doesn't leave very many culprits left. :/
> |
> | Yes.  It would be good to question my assumption that the exit code
> | is a signal --- I can't see what else it could be, but can you run
> | the backend with a breakpoint set at exit(), and get a backtrace?

> Unfortunately, after upgrading the machine to 4.2-RELEASE, I cannot reproduce
> this problem any longer. :/

> If anyone has a 4.1-RELEASE machine kicking around, I'd love to be able
> to try and track this down further.

I know we've got plenty of FreeBSD people on this list; surely someone
can lend you an account on a 4.1 machine.  I changed the Subject: line
just to get the right peoples' attention ...

            regards, tom lane