Re: How to tell if that UPDATE worked? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject Re: How to tell if that UPDATE worked?
Date
List pgsql-general
>     Do a
>
>         GET DIAGNOSTICS SELECT PROCESSED INTO <int4_variable>;
>
>     directly  after  an  INSERT,  UPDATE  or DELETE statement and
>     you'll know how many rows have been hit.
>
>     Also you can get the OID of an inserted row with
>
>         GET DIAGNOSTICS SELECT RESULT INTO <int4_variable>;

Thanks for the tip.  That is exactly what I needed.  plpgsql is a
painful language in many ways, but it is also very straightforward, so
I'm writing the bulk of my project in it.

>     Er - is this another added feature where we're still  lacking
>     documentation?

As pointed out by Tom in a subsequent email, there is one cryptic line
in there, which is probably why I overlooked it...

Thanks for your help