Re: How to set "auto commit" off in postgresql db? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From J.H.M. Dassen (Ray)
Subject Re: How to set "auto commit" off in postgresql db?
Date
List pgsql-general
[Please don't mail in HTML]

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 21:02:56 -0000, Guang Mei wrote:
>    It seems to me that postgresql db's default set for commit is "on".

Erm, it's not PostgreSQL itself, but rather the "psql" interface.

> I would like to set it to "off". How could I do that?

By explicitly starting a transaction through "BEGIN WORK".

HTH,
Ray
--
FUD for dummies by example in 21 days Lesson 3: use braindead analogies.
"Open source raises various security issues. How many banks will tell you