Re: Tuple-valued datums on Alpha (was Re: 7.1 on DEC/Alpha) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brent Verner
Subject Re: Tuple-valued datums on Alpha (was Re: 7.1 on DEC/Alpha)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 26 Dec 2000 at 14:41 (-0500), Tom Lane wrote:
| I wrote:
| > ... What I'm thinking about doing is setting typmod of
| > an entire-tuple function argument to sizeof(Pointer), rather than
| > the default -1, to indicate that a pointer representation is being
| > used.  Comments, hackers?
|
| Here is a patch to current sources along this line.  I have not
| committed it, since I'm not sure it does the job.  It doesn't break
| the regress tests on my machine, but does it fix them on Alphas?
| Please apply it locally and let me know what you find.

what I'm seeing now is much the same. FWIW, it looks like we're picking
up the cruft around

  functions.c:354    paramLI->value = fcinfo->arg[paramLI->id - 1];

(both of which are type Datum)

i've been in circles trying to figure out where fcinfo->arg is filled.
can you point me toward that?

thanks for your help.
  brent