7.1 on DEC/Alpha - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brent Verner
Subject 7.1 on DEC/Alpha
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi, I saw the thread from a few days ago about Linux/Alpha and 7.1. I
believe I'm seeing the same problems with DEC/Alpha (Tru64Unix 4.0D).

I noticed the following in the postmaster.log, which occurs, as the
Linux/Alpha bug report states, during the misc regression test.
 DEBUG:  copy: line 293, XLogWrite: had to create new log file - you probably should do checkpoints more often Server
process(pid 24954) exited with status 139 at Fri Dec 22 17:15:48 2000 Terminating any active server processes... Server
processeswere terminated at Fri Dec 22 17:15:48 2000 Reinitializing shared memory and semaphores DEBUG:  starting up
DEBUG: database system was interrupted at 2000-12-22 17:15:47 DEBUG:  CheckPoint record at (0, 316624) DEBUG:  Redo
recordat (0, 316624); Undo record at (0, 0); Shutdown TRUE

the full src/test/regress/log/postmaster.log can be snagged from
http://www.rcfile.org/postmaster.log

in addition to this, compiling on DEC/Alpha with gcc does not work,
without some shameful hackery :) as __INTERLOCKED_TESTBITSS_QUAD() is
a builtin that gcc does not know about. The DEC cc builds pg properly.
either way pg is built the test results are much the same, esp the
FAILURE of misc regression test.

If there is anything else I can do to help get this working, please
let me know.
 Brent Verner