Considerations for running current cvs pgsql and pgsql release on same machine? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert B. Easter
Subject Considerations for running current cvs pgsql and pgsql release on same machine?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I'm wanting to run pgsql 7.0.3 release and pgsql current cvs on the same
machine without them conflicting (if possible).  Can someone explain what I
should look out for when trying to do this?

I assume I'll have to configure --with-pgport=5433 (something other than
5432).

How will the use of the environment variables PGDATA and PGLIB be affected if
I have them still pointing at the release version?

I'm wanting to begin keeping an updated pgsql-cvs installation running and
maybe get active in working on the sources.  Maybe I can start out with
documentation stuff.  I've been following this list long enough and still
enjoy it so I want to try towards contributing stuff.

--
-------- Robert B. Easter  reaster@comptechnews.com ---------
- CompTechNews Message Board   http://www.comptechnews.com/ -