Re: SQL keywords - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Emmanuel Charpentier
Subject Re: SQL keywords
Date
List pgsql-docs
Hi !

Le 12/16/00, à 9:14:16 AM h, hannu@tm.ee (Hannu Krosing) vous a écrit sur
le sujet suivant Re: [DOCS] SQL keywords:

> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> >
> > The section on SQL keywords in the User's Guide needs some updating.
> >
> > I figured that I could generate these various lists of reserved and
> > non-reserved keywords automatically --- and indeed I can!

[ bandwidth savings ... ]

> It could be a good thing to have a table of the form

> Keyword    |  PostgreSQL  |   SQL 92    |   SQL 99    |
> -----------+--------------+-------------+-------------+
> SELECT     |   Reserved   |   Reserved  |   Reserved  |
> WITH       |       -      |      -      |   Reserved  |
> IN         |      Yes     |      -      |   Reserved  |

Hmmm ...

Better make that
Keyword     | Standard  | Status  |
------------+-----------+---------+
SELECT      | SQL92     | Reserved|
SELECT      | SQL99     | Reserved|
SELECT      | PostgreSQL| Reserved|
WITH        | SQL92     | Nope    |
WITH        | SQL99     | Reserved|
WITH        | PostgeSQL | Nope    |
IN          | SQL92     | Nope    |
IN          | SQL99     | Reserved|
IN          | PostgreSQL| Yep     |

This form allows for greater flexibility in query/views building. Obvious
drawback : the primary key is composite.

Any thoughts ?

                    Emmanuel Charpentier