Re: PL/Perl on Solaris - Mailing list pgsql-general

From oberpwd@anubis.network.com (Wade D. Oberpriller)
Subject Re: PL/Perl on Solaris
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I've found the cause of all my troubles with PLPerl. When building Perl
5.005_03, there is an option to use the Perly version of malloc. I, of course,
used the default (which is yes). All is well in the Perl world, however when
PLPerl attempts to use this alternative memory allocation scheme it doesn't
play well with PostgreSQL.

So the moral of the story is answer NO to using the Perl malloc if you intend
to use PLPerl (at least on a 2.5.1 Solaris machine running Perl 5.005_03).

Wade Oberpriller
StorageTek
oberpwd@network.com