Re: PostgreSQL on RedHat High Availability Server. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind GlomsrØd)
Subject Re: PostgreSQL on RedHat High Availability Server.
Date
List pgsql-general
Ralph Allan Rice <ralph@pcioh.com> writes:

> Anyone out there used PostgreSQL on Redhat's High Availability Server?
> We are trying to determine if a RedHat/PostgreSQL combo could be used in
> a dual-redundant manner, such as a Active/Inactive cluster
> configuration.  Anyone out there do this?  Any problems, gripes, or
> success stories? Please respond to ralph AT pcioh.com.  Thank you.

The obvious problem would be that these databases aren't synchronized.
I all you wanted to was read data, it should work just fine.

If not, you need to make your programs aware of the fact you're
running on multiple machines and update all of the databases - and
handle the situation that one may be down, and needs to be updated
before going online again.
--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.