Re: Syslog Facility Patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Larry Rosenman
Subject Re: Syslog Facility Patch
Date
Re: Syslog Facility Patch  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
* Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> [001114 16:06]:
> * Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> [001114 16:03]:
> > Larry Rosenman writes:
> >
> > > log_connections = on
> > > fsync = off
> > > #max_backends = 64
> > > syslog_facility = LOCAL5.3we4rwjtasrtuert
> >
> > It's the dot.  The regular expression needs some work.  Make a note to
> > always test with identical values next time. :-)
> OK, so the parser needs help?  Can I try and fix it?  What DON'T we
> want guc-file.l to accept for a string?
Ok, so what I think(?) needs to happen is the FIXME: tag needs to be
handled.  We need to code a version of src/backend/parser/scansup.c
that doesn't use palloc, and also strips the apostrophes from the
front and end of the string?  This doesn't look that hard. Do I have
"permission" to play with it, and submit a patch when I've got it
fixed?

I ass/u/me we want to allow any of the 'C' escapes? or just
a-zA-Z0-9-. for a GUC_STRING?