Re: Syslog Facility Patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Larry Rosenman
Subject Re: Syslog Facility Patch
Date
Re: Syslog Facility Patch
List pgsql-hackers
* Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> [001112 14:02]:
> OK, I don't like it (it just says "syntax error"), but here is an
> improved version.  I also switched to strcasecmp...
In looking at this some more, it appears that *SOMETHING* is not
allowing messages from set_config_option() in
/src/backend/utils/misc/guc.c out WHEN WE ARE DEALING WITH syslog type
stuff and we are reading it from the postgresql.conf file.  I'm not
sure how to deal with this..  I set syslog=2 then syslog_facility to
some invalid value, and all I get is the syntax error message, not the
"option rejects value" message.

Anyone got any ideas?

Oh, delete the elog() and fprintf() before you commit my patch (in
check_facility() in guc.c), please.

--
Larry Rosenman                      http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
Phone: +1 972-414-9812 (voice) Internet: ler@lerctr.org