Re: More vacuum troubles - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dan Moschuk
Subject Re: More vacuum troubles
Date
Re: More vacuum troubles  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
| | I've upgraded to 7.0.3, now I get...
| |
| | c2net=> vacuum verbose analyze some_table;
| | NOTICE:  --Relation some_table--
| |
| | It's been sitting like that for about half an hour now.  There's only
| | about 3000 records in that table.
|
| As a side note, when I ^C the vacuum I get..
|
| ^CCancel request sent
| pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
|         This probably means the backend terminated abnormally
|         before or while processing the request.
| The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Succeeded.
| c2net=>
|
| The very next vacuum I do produces the exact same response.  The next one
| after that though continues..

And as another side note :) ...

vacuum some_table (without the analyze) completes quite happily.

Cheers,
-Dan
--
Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when he is called
upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason.