Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/contrib/pg_dumpaccounts (Makefile README pg_dumpaccounts.sh) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/contrib/pg_dumpaccounts (Makefile README pg_dumpaccounts.sh)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > What part of "no new features in bug-fix releases" is giving people
> > trouble?
>
> Interesting observation here: the key developers seem to be much more
> exercised about this than the rest of the community.  Counting core
> members and Peter we have three "no" and one "yes", whereas as best
> I recall the votes from the rest of pghackers are about 6 to 1 in
> favor.
>
> Make of that what you will --- but I'm going to yield the point,
> since the non-core sentiment seems to be very clear.

One final analysis of this.  If Jan had come to the list and explained
the problem, and suggested adding something to /contrib for 7.0.3, I
think most people would have said OK.

My guess is that many of the negative votes are based on the way this
was handled.  I know I think about how this was handled and get upset
myself.

Pennsylvania19026