Re: Vexing DBD::Pg problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From J B Bell
Subject Re: Vexing DBD::Pg problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all.

I have sorted this problem out; it was authentication, as I suspected,
but I stupidly left out a crucial step--when loading in modules right
into the apache server with mod_perl, it's necessary to fully stop and
start the server to re-load the module after you re-write . . . sigh.

Tracking the problem was made easier by setting my module to log to a
file, this before I figured out the joys of $r->log_error in the apache
module.

If anyone's interested, I have come out the other end with a rather nice
implementation of Apache::AuthCookie that uses MD5 hashes and postgres for
user authentication and authorization.

--JB

                J B Bell            |              /~\
          Systems Administrator     |       ASCII  \ /  Against
            Internet Gateway        |      Ribbon   X   HTML