Re: Vexing DBD::Pg problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Vexing DBD::Pg problem
Date
List pgsql-general
J B Bell <jbbell@intergate.ca> writes:
> [Wed Oct 25 14:47:08 2000] [error] DBD::Pg::st execute failed: pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel
unexpectedly.

That looks a lot like a backend crash.  What query are you issuing?

> The postgres log shows absolutely nothing; my reading on the web on similar
> errors to this seems to show it as being an authorization failure of a kind.
> However, auth failues get logged faithfully using a normal client connection.

Nothing at all?  No reports of child process crashes, nor "unexpected
EOF", nor anything?  If you run the postmaster with -d2, do you see the
queries you're issuing in the log?

            regards, tom lane