Re: is this list live? - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Dan Wilson
Subject Re: is this list live?
Date
List pgsql-php
I've been doing this fairly well for a while now.  I
have two different sites that run off the same PHP
code.

I do it with the following methods.

1) Any HTML output that my PHP code generates is
appended within a single string variable ($strBody).

2) Separate files contain the basic layout and
navigation of the site. Within this file, I output the
string variable and any other dynamic ly generated
text.  If I need any dynamic navigation, then I have a
separate variable to contain the generated HTML and
then echo it in the appropriate location.

3) To more easily handle the look of the HTML
generated by the PHP code, I use style sheets.  Of
course, the use of css is defendant on your users, but
if you don't want to use style sheets, variables
defining your font attributes, etc can be defined in
an include file as well.

I don't know how much of a performance hit I take with
this method, but for the average site on the web, it
shouldn't be too much of a problem.

-Dan