Re: Re[2]: TEXT vs VARCHAR - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Huttleston Jr
Subject Re: Re[2]: TEXT vs VARCHAR
Date
List pgsql-general
There is another issue with TEXT vs VARCHAR.  A TEXT field is not handled well
by ODBC and MS Access.  If there is an index on the TEXT field, the ODBC link
will fail, saying something like "Can Not Index a OLE field."  OLE fields are Access's
attempt at a BLOB field, and they are not indexable.

If you are using ODBC, I would not use a TEXT field until you test it in your enviroment.

Have Fun,
    Dave Huttleston Jr