Re: FreeBSD Softupdates?? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: FreeBSD Softupdates??
Date
Re: FreeBSD Softupdates??  (The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>)
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 03:20:31AM -0700, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> It can cause problems because softupdates makes meta data changes
> (in this case file creation/removal) asyncronously, the same actually
> happens with most other logging filesystems that don't support
> transactions.

I've been running FreeBSD 4.1 with soft updates on my development box
for a while now without any problems at all. Although it's not
production so there's not a lot of load on PgSQL.

I don't know if it hurts or hampers performance.

HTH,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@home.com>
Get my GnuPG key from: http://klamath.dyndns.org/mykey.asc

I am not interested in the past. I am interested in the future for
that is where I intend to spend the rest of my life.
        -- Charles F. Ketterring

Attachment