still confuse; no suitable driver - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From radifan karami
Subject still confuse; no suitable driver
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
I'm sory if may question is covered in mailing-list
archive.
I found many same questions ( and solutions ) in that
archive about driver problem when running jdbc-applet
from browser.

I use Linux, Postgresql 7 and Java 1.2.2.

I'm new commer in Java, and try to make the first
jdbc-applet code following the tutorial in
java.sun.com.

It's working perfectly by appletviewer.

I put my applet code ( .class ) and postgresql.jar
file in the web server ( in my home page ), separate
from my database in may host.
For example my homepage is http://www.xxx.ac.jp/~radif
and my host name is graphium.xxx.ac.jp.

There is an error "Javalang.ClassNotFoudException: No
suitable driver ", when I run applet from browser.

I read many solutions in archive, but still not
understand. Please give a simple and clear solution.

** The html code is :
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE> Query Output </TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Output from query
select NAME, PRICE from COFFEES
<APPLET CODE="myapplet" ARCHIVE="postgresql.jar"
width=600 height=300>
</APPLET>
</BODY>
</HTML>

** The applet code is :
import java.applet.Applet;
import java.awt.Graphics;
import java.util.Vector;
import java.sql.*;

public class myapplet extends Applet implements
Runnable {   private Thread worker;   private Vector queryResults;   private String message = "Initializing";
   public synchronized void start() {// Every time "start" is called we create a worker
thread to// re-evaluate the database query.if (worker == null) {        message = "Connecting to database";
worker= new Thread(this);    worker.start();}   }

   /**    * The "run" method is called from the worker
thread.  Notice that    * because this method is doing potentially slow
databases accesses    * we avoid making it a synchronized method.    */
   public void run() {String url =
"jdbc:postgresql://graphium.xxx.ac.jp/coffeebreak";String query = "select COF_NAME, PRICE from COFFEES";try {
Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");}catch(java.lang.ClassNotFoundException ex) {    setError("Masalah pada driver:
"+ ex);    return;}

try {    Vector results = new Vector();    Connection con =
DriverManager.getConnection(url,"my", "");    Statement stmt = con.createStatement();    ResultSet rs =
stmt.executeQuery(query);   while (rs.next()) {    String s = rs.getString("COF_NAME");    float f =
rs.getFloat("PRICE");   String text = s + "     " + f;    results.addElement(text);    }

    stmt.close();    con.close();
    setResults(results);
} catch(SQLException ex) {    setError("SQLException: " + ex);}   }
   /**    * The "paint" method is called by AWT when it
wants us to    * display our current state on the screen.    */
   public synchronized void paint(Graphics g) {// If there are no results available, display the
current message.if (queryResults == null) {    g.drawString(message, 5, 50);    return;}
// Display the results.g.drawString("Prices of coffee per pound:  ", 5, 10);int y = 30;java.util.Enumeration enum =
queryResults.elements();while(enum.hasMoreElements()) {    String text = (String)enum.nextElement();
g.drawString(text,5, y);    y = y + 15;}   }

   /**    * This private method is used to record an error
message for    * later display.    */
   private synchronized void setError(String mess) {queryResults = null;    message = mess;    worker = null;// And ask
AWTto repaint this applet.repaint();   }

   /**    * This private method is used to record the
results of a query, for    * later display.    */
   private synchronized void setResults(Vector
results) {queryResults = results;worker = null;// And ask AWT to repaint this applet.repaint();   }
}

Thank you & regard,

-Radifan-