Inverted result set, why? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From jeam@themail.com
Subject Inverted result set, why?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Hi there,

Using the psql utility I insert three records into a 6.5.3 postgresql table with or without indexes. I SELECT * and the
recordsare retrieved in the order I inserted them, and that's correct.

However, if I SELECT the records from a Delphi 5 application, using the BDE and the latest ODBC driver, the result set
isinverted, i.e., on the same index key, the last record I inserted is listed first and so on.

This forces me to use an index even for tables I don't need one. Or worse yet, I need to create a second, auxiliary
fieldon the table and add it to the index when I have one in order to get the proper order of the inserted records.

I don't know if I should blame Borland's BDE or the ODBC driver.

Any clues about this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Jorge.