Re: Berkeley DB license - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Berkeley DB license
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > The group is interested in multi-version concurrency control, so that
> > readers never block on writers.  If that's genuinely critical, we'd
> > be willing to see some work done to add it to Berkeley DB, so that it
> > can do either conventional 2PL without versioning, or MV.  Naturally,
>
> This would be the first system with both types of CC -:)
>
> Well, so, before replacing anything we would have to add MVCC to BDB.
> I still didn't look at your sources, 'll do in a few days...

Vadim, I thought you said you were going to be doing a new storage
manager for 7.2, including an over-write storage manager that keeps MVCC
tuples in a separate location.  Could SDB work in that environment
easier, without having MVCC integrated into SDB?

Pennsylvania19026