RE: Berkeley DB license - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mikheev, Vadim
Subject RE: Berkeley DB license
Date
Re: Berkeley DB license  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
> > Well, so, before replacing anything we would have to add
> > MVCC to BDB. I still didn't look at your sources, 'll do
> > in a few days...
>
> Vadim, I thought you said you were going to be doing a new storage
> manager for 7.2, including an over-write storage manager that
> keeps MVCC tuples in a separate location. Could SDB work in that
> environment easier, without having MVCC integrated into SDB?

How can we integrate SDB code into PostgreSQL without MVCC support
in SDB if we still want to have MVCC?! I missed something?
Or you ask is replacement+changes_in_SDB_for_MVCC easier than
WAL+new_our_smgr? I don't know.

Vadim