Re: [HACKERS] xlog.c.patch for cygwin port. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] xlog.c.patch for cygwin port.
Date
Re: [HACKERS] xlog.c.patch for cygwin port.  (The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
> > This looks interesting.  We could remove some of our ifwin cruft.
>
> I have been thinking for quite some time that most of the CYGWIN32
> ifdefs represent very poor programming.  Instead of zillions of
>
> #ifndef __CYGWIN32__
>     fd = open(filename, O_RDONLY, 0666);
> #else
>     fd = open(filename, O_RDONLY | O_BINARY, 0666);
> #endif
>
> we should have in one include file something like

Do we ever assign a function pointer for open() anywhere.  If so, the
define will not work without some kind of wrapper, right?

Pennsylvania19026