Re: [GENERAL] ownership of DBs and tables? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karl DeBisschop
Subject Re: [GENERAL] ownership of DBs and tables?
Date
List pgsql-general
>>Is there a way of changing the ownership of tables and even entire
>>databases?
>
>Um, after the table has been created no, but you can set up users and
>accounts, so as you, try (in ksh, not sure about others)

Um, if you are a superuser:

UPDATE pg_class SET relowner=<newowner> where relmane=<table>;

I don't think databases have owners - or at least owner is not listed
in the pg_database table.

--
Karl DeBisschop <kdebisschop@alert.infoplease.com>
617.832.0332 (Fax: 617.956.2696)

Information Please - your source for FREE online reference
http://www.infoplease.com  - Your Ultimate Fact Finder
http://kids.infoplease.com - The Great Homework Helper

Netsaint Plugins Development
http://netsaintplug.sourceforge.net