(forw) RE: [GENERAL] Memory leak in FreeBSD? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From 'Alfred Perlstein'
Subject (forw) RE: [GENERAL] Memory leak in FreeBSD?
Date
List pgsql-general
This doesn't look like a memory leak to me, can anyone working on
backend/libpq comment?

-Alfred

----- Forwarded message from Jeff Eckermann <jeckermann@verio.net> -----

From: Jeff Eckermann <jeckermann@verio.net>
To: "'Alfred Perlstein'" <bright@wintelcom.net>
Subject: RE: [GENERAL] Memory leak in FreeBSD?
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 16:30:43 -0600

Can we take this step by step?  I just tried the same query again, as
follows:

select distinct username, date (connect) as connect_date, date (disconnect)
as disconnect_date, timespan_to_seconds (elapsed) as seconds, inoct, outoct,
calling, called into dec_dist from december;
        before or while processing the request.
We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing is
impossible.  Terminating.
~
~
~
jeffe=> select count (*) from december;
  count
-------
2497190
(1 row)
I am estimating that the 'distinct' will select perhaps one quarter, or
less, of the total records.

----- End forwarded message -----