Re: [HACKERS] GnuTLS support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] GnuTLS support
Date
Re: [HACKERS] GnuTLS support
List pgsql-hackers
Comparing the existing {be,fe}-secure-openssl.c with the proposed
{be,fe}-secure-gnutls.c, and with half an eye on the previously proposed
Apple Secure Transport implementation, I have identified a few more
areas of refactoring that should be done in order to avoid excessive
copy-and-pasting in the new implementations:

0001-Add-installcheck-support-to-more-test-suites.patch

This will help with interoperability testing, because you can then
create an installation with mixed SSL implementations and run the test
suite against it.

0002-Split-out-documentation-of-SSL-parameters-into-their.patch

Prepares and cleans up the documentation a bit before the addition of
new things, as discussed elsewhere.

0003-Move-EDH-support-to-common-files.patch

To avoid copy-and-paste, and also because the EDH explanation doesn't
really belong in a file header comment.  Maybe the whole thing is known
well enough nowadays that we can just remove the explanation.

0004-Move-SSL-API-comments-to-header-files.patch
0005-Extract-common-bits-from-OpenSSL-implementation.patch

Move copy-and-paste avoidance.

Attachment