Re: Replace l337sp34k in comments. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gavin Flower
Subject Re: Replace l337sp34k in comments.
Date
Re: Replace l337sp34k in comments.  (Geoff Winkless <pgsqladmin@geoff.dj>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 30/07/21 12:51 am, Geoff Winkless wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2021 at 11:22, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net
> <mailto:andrew@dunslane.net>> wrote:
>
>     Personally, I would have written this as just "up to date", I don't
>     think the hyphens are required.
>
> FWIW Mirriam-Webster and the CED suggest "up-to-date" when before a
> noun, so the changes should be "up-to-date answer" but "are up to date".
>
> https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/up-to-date
> <https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/up-to-date>
>
> Geoff

That 'feels' right to me.

Though in code, possibly it would be better to just use 'up-to-date' in
code for consistency and to make the it easier to grep?

As a minor aside: double quotes should be used for speech and single
quotes for quoting!

Cheers,
Gavin