Re: BUG #17220: ALTER INDEX ALTER COLUMN SET (..) with an optionless opclass makes index and table unusable - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Matthijs van der Vleuten
Subject Re: BUG #17220: ALTER INDEX ALTER COLUMN SET (..) with an optionless opclass makes index and table unusable
Date
In response to Re: BUG #17220: ALTER INDEX ALTER COLUMN SET (..) with an optionless opclass makes index and table unusable  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
Responses Re: BUG #17220: ALTER INDEX ALTER COLUMN SET (..) with an optionless opclass makes index and table unusable  ("Bossart, Nathan" <bossartn@amazon.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 18, 2021, at 09:46, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 11:07:21AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Attached is the patch I am finishing with, that should go down to
> v13 (this is going to conflict on REL_13_STABLE, for sure).
>
> Thoughts?

The test case doesn't seem entirely correct to me? The index being dropped (btree_tall_tbl_idx2) doesn't exist.

Also, I don't believe this tests the case of dropping the index when it previously has been altered in this way.