Re: pgsql: Add a regression test for allow_system_table_mods - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: pgsql: Add a regression test for allow_system_table_mods
Date
List pgsql-committers
On 2019-11-29 17:09, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> +WARNING:  tablespaces created by regression test cases should have names starting with "regress_"
> I agree that this is somewhat pointless in the case of an "unsafe" test.
> But using a different name isn't going to invalidate the test case,
> so there's not really a reason to not follow the convention.  And
> trying to have an exception for unsafe_tests seems like a lot more
> trouble than it'd be worth.

The test case is specifically testing tablespace names starting with "pg_":

     -- reserved tablespace name
     CREATE TABLESPACE pg_foo LOCATION '/no/such/location';
     ERROR:  unacceptable tablespace name "pg_foo"
     DETAIL:  The prefix "pg_" is reserved for system tablespaces.

So using a name starting with "regress_" instead isn't going to help.