Re: pgsql: Add a regression test for allow_system_table_mods - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Add a regression test for allow_system_table_mods
Date
Re: pgsql: Add a regression test for allow_system_table_mods  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-committers
> On 2019-11-29 16:27, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Oooh ... some of the buildfarm members are pointing out that this
>> didn't follow a project convention:

> Um, yes, that's why it's in unsafe_tests.  Is there a way around this?

Sure, just change the test tablespace's name to follow the convention:

>> +WARNING:  tablespaces created by regression test cases should have names starting with "regress_"

I agree that this is somewhat pointless in the case of an "unsafe" test.
But using a different name isn't going to invalidate the test case,
so there's not really a reason to not follow the convention.  And
trying to have an exception for unsafe_tests seems like a lot more
trouble than it'd be worth.

            regards, tom lane