Re: New trigger option of pg_standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Guillaume Smet
Subject Re: New trigger option of pg_standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 5:42 AM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is the patch;
> - Smart failover is chosen if the trigger file labeled "smart" or
>  an empty one exists.
> - Fast failover is chosen if the trigger file labeled "fast" exists,
>  the signal (SIGUSR1 or SIGINT) is received or the wait timeout
>  happens.

After some further thoughts, +1 for this approach too.

I think you imply 'containing "smart"' not 'labeled "smart"'.
"Labeled" is confusing IMHO.

+1 to change the default behaviour too. All the people discovering the
current behaviour are totally surprised.

--
Guillaume