Re: WIP patch: reducing overhead for repeat de-TOASTing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Guillaume Smet
Subject Re: WIP patch: reducing overhead for repeat de-TOASTing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Mark,

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Mark Cave-Ayland
<mark.cave-ayland@siriusit.co.uk> wrote:
> Thanks very much for supplying the WIP patch. In the interest of testing and
> feedback, I've just downloaded PostgreSQL CVS head and applied your patch,
> compiled up a slightly modified version of PostGIS (without RECHECKs on the
> GiST opclass) and loaded in the same dataset.

From the discussion we had a few months ago, I don't think the no
RECHECK trick works with CVS tip anymore.

See my post on the "Remove lossy-operator RECHECK flag?" thread:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-04/msg00847.php
and follow-ups.

That said, perhaps it's not the only problem you have but I thought it
was worth mentioning.

--
Guillaume