Re: WIP patch: reducing overhead for repeat de-TOASTing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Cave-Ayland
Subject Re: WIP patch: reducing overhead for repeat de-TOASTing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Guillaume Smet wrote:

> From the discussion we had a few months ago, I don't think the no
> RECHECK trick works with CVS tip anymore.
>
> See my post on the "Remove lossy-operator RECHECK flag?" thread:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-04/msg00847.php
> and follow-ups.
>
> That said, perhaps it's not the only problem you have but I thought it
> was worth mentioning.

Yeah sorry, that might not have been as clear as I hoped. What I meant
was that I removed the explicit RECHECK clause from the GiST operator
class definition - since as you correctly mention, CVS tip throws an
error if this is present.

ATB,

Mark.

--