Re: Do all superuser processes count towardsuperuser_reserved_connections? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Do all superuser processes count towardsuperuser_reserved_connections?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 3/14/19 8:23 AM, Jeremy Finzel wrote:
> I don't find a clear mention in the docs of superuser processes that are
> exempt from counting toward superuser_reserved_connections.  So I would
> think that it's possible that postgres autovac workers ought to count
> toward that.  Am I wrong about that?  I actually have the same question

AFAICK autovacuum workers do not use the connections referred to above.
The details can be found here:

https://doxygen.postgresql.org/autovacuum_8c.html

> about pglogical replication background workers and manager, which also
> run as postgres.

But the actual connection can be by a different user:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/logical-replication-security.html

> Do I need to increase my limit to account for these workers, or are some
> or all of these processes ignored by superuser_reserved_connections?

I am still learning about logical replication, but as I understand it
the process uses replication slots: