RE: [INTERFACES] JDBC and character sets - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Peter Mount
Subject RE: [INTERFACES] JDBC and character sets
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
It shouldn't bloat the driver by that much. As we already issue a few
queries on startup, I'll add a suggested test, and if that works ok, I
should have UNICODE support done by the end of the weekend.

Peter

--
Peter Mount
Enterprise Support
Maidstone Borough Council

-----Original Message-----
From: David Warnock [mailto:david@sundayta.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 1999 5:46 PM
To: Peter Mount
Cc: 'Herouth Maoz'; pgsql-interfaces@postgreSQL.org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC and character sets

Peter,

Obviously I agree 100% that supporting unicode should not break existing
applications or code.

How about either a extra parameter to the creation of a connection?

If it is easier to keep this very separate I don't mind a completely
separate jar file/driver at least to start with. After all most people
won't yet be using this feature so why bloat their driver?

Dave
--
David Warnock
Sundayta Ltd