Re: psql and \p\g - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: psql and \p\g
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Can you add a unix-style timestamp for \T?
>
> Do you mean \echo `date` ?

Oh, very nifty.  Never mind.  I didn't see that.

Seems you have added more powerful flags to take over some of the old
flag usage. If you want to remove some of the older psql flags and
require them to use your newer syntax that allows more functionality,
you can do it.

If you want, just print an error message for the old flag showing them
the new syntax to use and we can remove the messages after a few
releases.

However, some of the more popular flags should probably be left in.
Maybe it should just be left alone.  Not sure.

Pennsylvania19026