why don't this create table work? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From User &
Subject why don't this create table work?
Date
Re: [SQL] why don't this create table work?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-sql
here is the sql:

nnm=> create table nnm_event_limits (   nnm-> nodename varchar(256) not null,   nnm-> event_oid  varchar(256) not null,
 nnm-> always_never varchar(1) null,   nnm-> limit int4);

ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "null"

This is converted from openviews table scheema.  here it is without the
trailing null on always_never:
nnm=> create table nnm_event_limits (   nnm-> nodename varchar(256) not null,   nnm-> event_oid  varchar(256) not null,
 nnm-> always_never varchar(1) ,   nnm-> limit int4);

ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "limit"

limit is not a reserved word as far as I can tell, any ideas?

I am useing 6.5, got it from PG_VERSION file.

I am new to DB programming in general and Postgres in particular.

Thanks Marc

ps would useing text instead of varchar be a good thing to do?

Marc