pgaccess 0.98 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject pgaccess 0.98
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > Do we want to copy the entire pgaccess  tree to the pgsql install
> > directory?
>
> Why not? Of course, on UNIX systems without DLL's

OK, I have installed it in the current tree and stable tree.  I will
keep pgaccess up-to-date in both trees in the future.

The tricky part is that pgaccess must know the 'wish' path that is
determined by configure, and the POSTGRESDIR path which comes from
Makefile.global, so I had to create a Makefile.in, and a pgaccess.sh.
Makefile.in is set a configure time, and pgaccess.sh is set at compile
time.  The final script pgaccess has hardcoded in it the path to wish,
and the pgaccess directory inside the install directory.

The only problem I see is that wish is determined by a crude directory
search, while our tcl/tk stuff has the ability to target certain
versions of tcl/tk. Any idea how to do that cleanly?  On my machine, I
get wish 7.6 because it see it in /usr/contrib/bin first, while for
tcl/tk I tell configure to look in /usr/local/lib first, so I get tck/tk
8.0.

I don't see a 'wish' path defined in any of the tck/tk config files.

I copied the entire pgaccess/lib and pgaccess/images trees into the
install directory.  The other stuff seemed like it should stay just in
the source tree.

Would someone please test this?

Pennsylvania19026