Re: [INTERFACES] 8k limit - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From marten@feki.toppoint.de
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] 8k limit
Date
List pgsql-interfaces

> There has been discussion of fixing this, eg by making a subdirectory
> tree for LOs, but I'd rather see us put our effort into eliminating
> the tuple length limit.

This would be very nice - because this also means to get SQL
statements that may really be 8k long !
Perhaps you all remember a rather complex view statement I posted here
some days ago, where postgresql said something like "rule too large" and
this seems to be a limitation for me. Actually as a user one does not know
when this limit is reached by the system.
All "we" (the users :-)) know about the 8192 byte limit of an SQL statement,
but this is not the whole truth.
Marten