Re: [HACKERS] indexable and locale - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: [HACKERS] indexable and locale
Date
Re: [HACKERS] indexable and locale  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Hello again,
> I thought I should start making some small contibutions before 7.0.
>
> Attached is a patch to the old problem discussed feverly before 6.5.
> What is does:
> for locale-enabled servers:
>     use index if last char before '%' is ascii.
> for non-locale servers:
>     do not use locale if last char is non-ascii since it is wrong anyway.
>
> Comments?

I tried your patches but it seems malformed:
patch: **** unexpected end of file in patch

So this is a guess from reading them. I think your pacthes break
non-ascii multi-byte character sets data and should be surrounded by
#ifdef LOCALE rather than replacing current codes surrounded by
#ifndef LOCALE.
---
Tatsuo Ishii