ORACLE COMMENT statement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mike Mascari
Subject ORACLE COMMENT statement
Date
Re: ORACLE COMMENT statement  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Re: ORACLE COMMENT statement  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Bruce,

I've just submitted a patch to the patches list which
implements Oracle's COMMENT statement. It will
insert/update/delete the appropriate OID for the
table or column targeted for the comment. It should
apply cleanly against current. If it passes your
scrutiny, I was wondering a couple of things:

1. Might it be possible for psql   (a.k.a Peter Eisentraut) to display the comments  associated with tables, views, and
columnsin   its \d output? Or perhaps another \ command?

2. Should I write up SGML for it (as well as for   TRUNCATE TABLE)?

3. Should I expand it beyond ORACLE's syntax to   include functions, types, triggers, rules, etc.?

On the TODO list its listed as:

Allow pg_descriptions when creating types, tables,
columns, and functions

Anyways,

Hope its worth something,

Mike Mascari