Re: [SQL] datetime query issue - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Frank Joerdens
Subject Re: [SQL] datetime query issue
Date
List pgsql-sql
um, this was probably unintelligible. this is the table:

+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
|              Field               |              Type                | Length|
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
| source_numeric                   | int8 not null                    |     8 |
| destination_numeric              | int8 not null                    |     8 |
| source                           | text not null                    |   var |
| destination                      | text not null                    |   var |
| bytes                            | int8 not null                    |     8 |
| date                             | datetime                         |     8 |

every hour, a set of rows is added to this table with the current timestamp on
each row. i guess i need a function to extract the time from datetime. date_trunc
may be what i am looking for but i couldn't find information in the documentation
as to how to use these functions.