datetime query issue - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Frank Joerdens
Subject datetime query issue
Date
Re: [SQL] datetime query issue  ("tjk@tksoft.com" <tjk@tksoft.com>)
List pgsql-sql
I'm not sure how to go about this: I want to find all rows with a timestamp
between, say 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. for any number of days. The column format is
datetime. How do I extract the 'time of the day' information from this
column? What I can think of is to create a view for every single day where datetime
is > 6 and < 10 and then another query on all views together but that doesn't sound
very elegant and would be a real memory hog for a large number of days.

Any better ideas?

Thanks

Frank